More About The

One-Place Study

County (historic)

Country

Primary Place

Study started circa

Sub-places (e.g. hamlets) within study

Overview of Study

Website

Blog

Facebook page or group

Twitter

Study owner

Population in 1881

Contact name (if different)

Contact email

Online / social media presence

Current status

© Register of One-Place Studies 2013-2016

Study registered

Registered One-Place Study

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share via e-mail

Rillington

Loading...

Yorkshire

England

Chapelry of Scampston


www.rillingtonops.org.uk

Rillington

Rillington, North Yorkshire is divided into north and south sections by the A64 which runs from York to Scarborough and is located 5 miles north east of Malton.

It is a parish which historically contained the township of Rillington and the chapelry of Scampston. It was in the Buckrose Wapentake and the East Riding of Yorkshire. Ecclesiastically, both were in the archdeaconry of the East Riding and the Diocese of York. It was mentioned in the Domesday Book in 1086 as Redlinton(e) and Renliton. There is a Norman Church dedicated to St Andrew. The village was and remains predominantly an agricultural community.

The Rillington One-Place Study commenced in 2013. Transcriptions are currently being undertaken in to the census records 1841-1911, BMD's, Wills, Newspaper articles, Deeds, Trade Directories, Glebe Terriers, Tithe Map and Apportionments.



Pam Smith

1,118

Click here to visit blog


-  


@genejean


-



2013

Active

rillington@oneplacestudy.org

26 Apr 2014

St. Andrew’s Church, Rillington

Rillington One-Place Study

Registered with the Register of One-Place Studies